The ATLAS - Local taxes application is part of an integrated system dedicated to Public Administration. The activity of collecting taxes and fees carried out in the specialized compartment, is integrated with the specific activities of accounting records, with the information on property and land managed in the cadastral records by the specialized compartment and with the information of the owners, updated in Clerk's office records. Interoperability is important because it allows different components to work together. This ability to interconnect components is essential to build complex and flexible systems.
The application enables local authorities to manage the payments of individual obligations carried out by taxpayers and businesses and offers taxpayers the possibility to consult and pay online their obligations.
The specific objectives of the ATLAS - Local taxes application are:
- Data importing and converting from the system, previously used by the beneficiary;
- The integration of the solution with other components of the system: Budget, Accounting, Town planning, Social assistance, as well as interconnectivity with applications of Document management, Voice system, Electronic archiving;
- Configuring the types of taxes and fees operated by the Public Administration, configuring the exemptions and bonuses applied;
- Entering taxpayer information, the tax and the taxable sources;
- Calculation of debts, increases and penalties at a requested time, issuing tax documents or addresses;
- Carrying out reports of the operations performed and accounting records of operations, journaling operations;
- Calculation of late interest according to the debt period (the interest nomenclature keeps the history for different periods);
- Definition and maintenance of fiscal constants;
- Calculation of differences resulting from legislative changes made during a fiscal year;
- Calculation of different bonuses depending on the maturity and the nature of the tax to which the bonus applies;
- Management of debit-free payments with the possibility of defining attributes saved or used in the calculation of associated taxes;
- Management of contravention minutes to state in due time;
- Management of contravention minutes by issuer and type of contravention, with the possibility of issuing confirmation of debit;
- Performing an automatic forced execution procedure;
- Performing an automatic fiscal inspection procedure;
- Multiannual tax and fees management;
- Performing a simulation of distribution of amounts;
- Carrying out a distributed calculation using the local network for the less efficient severities.